Fort Wayne, Indiana Location Accreditation
Huntington University’s Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929.
ACOTE's telephone number is 301-652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org. The OTD program is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the regional accreditation body.
Peoria, Arizona, Location Accreditation
Huntington University’s Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program in Arizona is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929.
ACOTE’s telephone number, c/o AOTA, is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org. acote's email address is email@example.com
8385 W Mariners Way
Peoria, AZ 85382
Become a Forester
Students with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution are eligible to apply for this program. Applicants must also meet the minimum admission requirements and complete prerequisite classes. Call us at (800) 600-4888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the National Certification Examination for the Occupational Therapist, administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the graduate will be an occupational therapist, registered (OTR).
In addition, all states require licensure to practice and state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT certification examination. A felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure.
Students must complete Level II fieldwork and experiential requirements within 24 months following completion of the didactic portion of the program.
Huntington University: Entry Level OTD Program Student Outcomes
NBCOT Pass Rates
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) pass rates are available by visiting this link.
- 2021: 98% NBCOT pass rate
- 2020: 100% NBCOT pass rate
- 2019: 97% NBCOT pass rate
- 2018 96% NBCOT pass rate
The average for 3 years is an NBCOT pass rate of 98%.
- 34 of 34 OTD students enrolled in the fall 2017 cohort
- 17 of 18 OTD students enrolled in the spring 2018 cohort
- 34 of 34 OTD students enrolled in the fall 2018 cohort
- 18 of 18 OTD students enrolled in the spring 2019 cohort
- 33 of 34 OTD students enrolled in the fall 2019 cohort
- 18 of 18 OTD students enrolled in the spring 2020 cohort
- 2021 Fall Cohort Start 34 students End 32 students
- 2021 Spring Cohort Start 17 students End 18 students (transfer student)
- 2022 Fall cohort Start 34 students End 34 students
- 2022 Spring Cohort Start 17 students End 16 students
- Class of 2021: 96% graduation rate
- Class of 2022: 98% graduation rate
- Class of 2020: 98% graduation rate
- Class of 2019: 100% graduation rate
- Class of 2018: 100% graduation rate
The average for 3 years is a graduation rate of 99%.
- CarFit Technician and CarFit Event Coordinator
- Certified Ergonomic Evaluation Specialist (CEES)
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM)
- The Get Permission Approach to Pediatric Mealtime Challenges 1
Student Service Projects
Many student service projects are integrated into the OTD 706 Global Outreach and Missions course.
- Wheels for the World
- Joni and Friends
- Food Drive
- Living Hope
- Cause 4 Life
- Fort Wayne YWCA
- Fort Wayne Turnstone
- White Coat Ceremony
- AOTA annual conference
- INOTA State Conference with student presentation and poster exhibits
- Huntington University Student Occupational Therapy Association (HUSOTA) events
- Phi Theta Epsilon Occupational Therapy National Honor Society
- Christian Fellowship Group
- Wheelchair mobility collection drives
- CarFit events
- Family Dinner night
- Holiday parties