Applying as a Transfer Student
At this point in your college career, you have a better understanding of what you are looking for – bring your gifts and talents to HU!
To submit a transfer application, you must have already completed 12 or more credit hours of college coursework at a regionally accredited university after graduating high school. Transfer students who have earned less than 12 transferable semester hours will be evaluated based on high school work in addition to college work completed.
Meet Your Counselor
This isn’t you’re your first rodeo, but transferring can raise all kinds of questions. That is where HU’s Assistant Director of Admissions, Roberta Bailey comes in. She takes care of each of our prospective transfer students and is ready to talk to you. You can reach Roberta by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 260-359-4254.
Transfer Application Process
1. Complete your online application.
2. Request all official college transcripts and have them sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to Huntington University Attn: Office of Admissions, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750.
- Once they are received, applicants are notified by mail of their application decision.
It’s that simple!
An official transcript evaluation will be performed by our registrar’s office and will be mailed to students. The registrar’s office will evaluate your transcript(s) to determine which of the classes you’ve taken can qualify for credit at HU. If the class was taught at a regionally accredited institution and you earned a C- or better, it is eligible for consideration.
- Please note, some degree programs may have additional requirements
- HU considers nationally accredited institutions on a case-by-case basis.
Direct Equivalency: The course is equivalent to a specific course at HU. Fulfills specific coursework requirements for admission and/or your plan of study
Undistributed Credit: The course does not match a specific course for the degree of interest but will be brought in as a general credit that can be used to satisfy elective requirements in your program.
Learn more about our transfer scholarships ranging from $6,000 - $11,000.