Emily Reilly, DHSc, OTR/L, is an assistant professor for the Doctoral Program in Occupational Therapy in Arizona. She has over a decade of clinical experience, including skilled nursing, acute care, home health, management, and private practice ownership. Her experience is centered on the adult and geriatric populations, primarily neurological and cognitive conditions. She has great interest in how the environment impacts functional participation in everyday tasks and has pursued the Executive Certificate in Home Modification through the University of Southern California and the Certified Living in Place Professional designation from the Living in Place Institute.
Dr. Reilly offers a dynamic skillset to the OTD program and a passion for the distinct value OT provides beyond the traditional settings. She understands the value in coordinated care efforts to promote optimal quality of life within the clinical and community settings. Collaborating and networking are great strengths to advocate for the profession of occupational therapy as well as to fill the gaps in care that exist for clients, families, and the care team.
- Doctor of Health Science, Nova Southeastern University
- Master of Science in occupational therapy, The Sage Colleges
- Started a private practice serving older adults in their homes
- Human Services Commission
- Arizona Falls Prevention Coalition, acting vice-chair
- Home Modification Special Interest Section for ArizOTA, co-chair
- Hospice of the Valley Dementia Fellow, Class of 2022