Frequently Asked Questions

Disclaimer: This guide is for general information and is never to be used as a substitute for Federal Immigration Rules and Regulations. Huntington University disclaims any and all liability from reliance upon this general information. 


How do I know when I can enter the United States? 

Students can enter the U.S. up to thirty days before their program start day. Since these dates differ between non-athletes and student-athletes, refer to your I-20 for verification. You will see the Earliest Admission Date, Program Start/End Date, and Start of Classes information listed under the “Program of Study” section. 


Where can international students find additional scholarship opportunities? 

Several organizations offer additional scholarship opportunities! Be sure to research each scholarship before applying. Remember, a trustworthy organization will never require payment to be considered for a scholarship. 

Institute of International Education

International Education and Financial Aid



I don’t qualify for federal student aid, but I’m not an F-1 student. Are there other scholarship options? 

There are still scholarship options available for students of varying statuses. The Following scholarship applications are available to DACA, TPS, and undocumented students. 

Golden Door Scholars

Immigrants Rising 

Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund


How does health insurance work for international students? 

Health insurance is included in the fees paid by international students. With health insurance, the cost of fees is $2,567 for non-athletes and $3,065 for student-athletes. Contact the international admissions counselor for more details on the policy and coverage. Additionally, if students wish to purchase their own insurance, this could be an option. However, the student must submit the details of the policy they are considering to ensure it meets the required minimum coverage. If it does not meet these standards, the student will still be required to pay for insurance through Huntington University.  


What are the meal plan options? 

Meal Plan A, which includes 20 meals per week, is required for all first-time freshmen living on campus. All other students may remain on Meal Plan A or select Meal Plan B instead, which includes 15 meals per week. Finally, upperclassmen living in Forester Village, Miller Hall, or Meadows Hall may select Meal Plan C, which includes 5 meals per week. While commuters are not required to select a meal plan, they are able to select any option if desired. 


Can I have a car on campus? 

Yes! All students can have a car on campus after receiving a $25 parking pass. HU’s DSO will help students with this process, but information can also be found through Study in the States.