School of the Arts Summer Academy
Choose Your Track
Registration is now open for 2024 School of the Arts Summer Academies! Programs are open to high schoolers who want a glimpse of what it would be like to pursue a career in Animation, Film & Television Production, or Voice-Over and Radio.
Capture your opportunity to:
- Engage with a community of artists and storytellers
- Receive instruction on programs and techniques in media-related fields
- Participate in hands-on projects
- Gather personalized advice on preparing for college
- Develop creative work to be used in scholarship portfolios
When: June 17 - 22
Where: Huntington University in Huntington, Indiana
Cost: $500 Early Bird (deadline Jan 31); $550 February 1 - March 1; $650 March 2 - May 31
What to Expect:The camp includes staying in the on-campus residence halls for the week. Each attendee will receive their meals each day along with an academy t-shirt.
Students who attend a summer academy will receive priority consideration for a performance award scholarship of up to $2,000 a year to attend Huntington University. The scholarship will be reviewed upon acceptance to the university and completion of the performance award application.
Thanks to a generous grant, a select number of scholarships are available for minority students, students who receive free or reduced lunches, and/or students who have any parent that does not have a college degree. Students who select these options in the registration form will be taken to a scholarship application page. Upon completing the scholarship application, faculty will review and award a select number of scholarships.
2024 School of the Arts Summer Academy Testimonial
The Academy is open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors. Students come out of the Academy with a taste of what it would be like to pursue a degree in film production, tv production, animation, or performance arts.
Animation Academy Instruction:
- Concept art illustration using Photoshop
- 3D computer graphics with Maya
- Motion graphics animation using After Effects
- 2D animation with ToonBoom Harmony
- 3D digital sculpting with ZBrush
Limited to 30 attendees
Film and Television Production Academy Instruction:
- Script, film, and edit a short narrative film
- Attend workshops on a Netflix-approved RED camera system and Panasonic EVA-1
- Participate in digital lighting workshops
- Edit using the Adobe Creative Suite in a 5K resolution Mac lab
- Produce a non-fiction news/documentary piece
- Compile your work into a final show in HU’s live television studio
Limited to 18 campers
Voice-Over & Radio Academy Instruction:
- Explore voice acting skills and techniques
- Create your own voice-over demos
- Perform live on-air for WQHU 105.5FM, HU's FM radio station
- Learn about the business of voice-over performance and potential career paths in the field
Limited to 12 campers