Professor of Sociology and Department Chair
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 1978.
Dr. Mary Ruthi teaches courses in the Sociology Department. Mary’s primary goal as an educator is that her students would become enthusiastic about learning – not just about sociology but also about any general knowledge that sparks their interest. She wants students to develop an understanding of how social forces influence lives, particularly their own.
Originally from Kansas, Mary is a current resident of Hoagland, Indiana, with her husband. She is active in her church and enjoys a variety of activities, including reading, gardening, cooking/baking, and entertaining cats.
- Ph.D. in Sociology from University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Master of Arts in Sociology from University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and history from Sterling College
- Sociology professor at Sterling College
- North Central Sociological Association
- Midwest Sociological Society
- American Sociological Association