Associate Professor of Social Work / Field Education Director
Joined the Huntington University faculty in 2005.
Dr. Carla MacDonald teaches in the Department of Social Work. She has over 30 years of experience in social work, counseling, teaching, and community service. Her dissertation research for her PhD studied the relationship of cultural competence between faculty and students who study abroad.
Carla and her husband, Bob, have two adult daughters, both of whom are married. One daughter and son-in-law are Huntington University alums. Carla is a grandmother and is a member of Trinity United Methodist Church in Huntington.
- PhD in organizational leadership, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Master’s degree in advanced leadership studies, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Master of Business Administration, Saint Francis University
- Master of Social Work, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Social Work, Manchester University
- Indiana professional license as a social worker (LSW)
- Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW)
- Vice president of client services and marketing, Pathfinder Services, Huntington, 26+ years
- Medical social worker, St. Joseph Hospital, Fort Wayne
- Consulting social worker, Parkview Hospital
- Mental health consultant, Samaritan Counseling Center, Huntington
- Outpatient therapist, Bowen Mental Health Center, Huntington
- Careers and Technical Education Advisory Committee for Huntington North High School
- Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana
- HELP of Huntington County
- Family Centered Services of Bluffton
- Boys and Girls Club of Huntington County, former board member and chair
- United Way of Huntington County, former board member
- Parkview Huntington Hospital Foundation Board, former member
- Place of Grace (shelter for women transitioning out of the criminal justice system), founding board member and former chairperson