Applying to Huntington University as an International Student
Undergraduate degree programs
Graduate degree programs
Scholarships and Grants for International Students
Request Information - Contact Shoshannah McKinney, International Admissions Counselor
Step by Step: From Application to Arrival
1. Fill out online application
2. You will receive an email from Shoshannah McKinney thanking you for your application and requesting any other documents that you have not yet submitted.
- High school transcripts (official list in English of courses taken and grades)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Financial Information
- SAT/ACT scores (not required, but recommended)
3. If you meet our admission requirements, you will receive a letter of acceptance.
International Admissions Requirements:
- Completed application with essays
- TOEFL of at least 75 (internet) or IELTS of at least 6.0 overall
- High School GPA equivalent to a 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- GPAs of at least 3.5 and higher, SAT/ACT scores can be used to help us determine eligibility for scholarships
- SAT/ACT Reading and Writing scores can also be used to waive TOEFL/IELTS
4. Financial Aid Package: We will inform you of any scholarships or grants that you have been awarded.
5. Send in your deposit to Huntington University.
6. Initial I-20 Issued
- Copy of Passport
- Documentation of financial ability to fund one year of tuition, room, board & fees at HU
- Mailing Address
- Medical Record form
7. I-20 and Welcome Pack mailed to you
8. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee, apply for your F-1 student visa (in your home country)
9. Notify Shoshannah when you receive your visa, make travel plans and arrive at HU!