Pre-nursing students will meet the same requirements of general admission to Huntington University as outlined in the Huntington University Academic Catalog.
Nursing major admission
- Completion of a minimum of 58 credit hours of required freshmen and sophomore courses with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- A grade of “C” or better in each supporting course (BI 232/232L, BI 241/241L; BI 242/242L; CH 141/141L; EN 121; CO 215; MA 151; PY 111 and PY 230; and SO 111).
- Satisfactory completion of all sections of the Application to the Nursing Major
- Satisfactory score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills™ (TEAS).
- The ability to perform the Essential Abilities.
- Satisfactory interview with the Director of Nursing or designated faculty member.
- In the event of equally qualified candidates, the following priority will be given to students who:
- Have a higher grade point average and grades in supporting courses.
- Have higher scores in the TEAS™ Assessment.
- Submit entire admission application packet earlier than the due date with consideration based on the order received. Packets must be submitted by March 31 to be considered for the following academic year. Admission to the nursing program after this date will depend on available space.
- Satisfactory interview with the Director of Nursing or designated member of the nursing faculty.