HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The Forester men’s tennis team collected its third win this spring with a 7-2 decision over Indiana Tech on Friday at Klopfenstien Courts.
Since the Foresters’ 6-3 win over Tech back in September, the visitors beefed up their roster with a new #1 player but it was no cause for concern for HU as they dominated the Warriors for the second time this season.
Amidst the wind and chill, HU wasted no time taking control of the match by grabbing wins at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles to jump out to an early 2-1 lead.
Huntington went on to record five more wins in singles action with Vlad Khudziy leading the pack. The junior remained undefeated in singles play this spring with a come-from-behind win over newcomer Joaquin Ferrando, 6-7, 6-2 (10-8). Zakk Sparks also logged an impressive 6-4, 6-4 win over Vini Silva.
The Foresters are 3-1 this spring, 8-9 overall. They have nearly a month break before heading to Davenport University (Mich.) on April 19 for a 5:00 p.m. matchup with the Panthers.
1. Vlad Khudziy (HU) def. Joaquin Ferrando (IT) 6-7, 6-2 (10-8)
2. Joseph Straznicky (HU) def. Fernando Gonzales (IT) 6-4, 6-3
3. Jose Hungria (HU) def. Sriram Aranganathan (IT) 6-2, 7-6 (7-4)
4. Diego Inurritegui (HU) def. Nicholas Tripanon (IT) 6-2, 6-1
5. Alberto Tenias (IT) def. Joe Brenneman (HU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Zakk Sparks (HU) def. Vinicius Silva (IT) 6-4, 6-4
1. Khudziy/Hungria (HU) def. Ferrando/Aranganathan (IT) 8-2
2. Straznicky/Inurritegui (HU) def. Tripanon/Silva (IT) 8-2
3. Gonzales/Tenias (IT) def. Brenneman/Sparks (HU) 8-4