HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The HU men’s tennis team wasted no time disposing of the University of Saint Francis Monday, sweeping the Cougars 9-0 to remain undefeated in league play.
The Foresters cruised through doubles play and despite playing without top player, Vlad Khudziy, in singles action, HU won in straight sets in five of the six matches for the easy win.
“We had a good win tonight,” noted Coach Eckert. “Jacob got the first win of his college career and Arjun picked up his second win in singles to move to 2-0 on the season. We also got our first win of the season at #3 doubles. All in all, we were able to win the points and matches when they counted most.”
Huntington (3-2, 3-0) is back in action Tuesday when they travel to Marion to face Indiana Wesleyan University, the only other unbeaten team in conference play.
1. Jose Hungria (HU) def. Ryan Mey (USF) 6-2, 6-0
2. Joseph Straznicky (HU) def. Payton Selking (USF) 6-1, 6-1
3. Diego Inurritegui (HU) def. Tate Dishman (USF) 6-1, 6-0
4. Zakk Sparks (HU) def. Spencer Heise (USF) 6-1, 6-1
5. Arjun Bhalla (HU) def. Michael Thompson (USF) 6-2, 6-7 (6-8), 13-11
6. Jacob Cross (HU) def. J.T. Biggs (USF) 6-2, 6-2
1. Vlad Khudziy/Hungria (HU) def. Selking/Dishman (USF) 8-4
2. Straznicky/Inurritegui (HU) def. Mey/Biggs (USF) 8-1
3. Sparks/Bhalla (HU) def. Heise/Jaxson Hurkins (USF) 8-2