Huntington, Ind.—Academic achievement, service to the community and leadership in extracurricular activities are a few ways to describe a typical Huntington College student. Along with its strong academics, HC allows its students to involve themselves in countless activities from theatre to athletics and volunteer services to a variety of clubs. In short, Huntington College students learn that their time on campus goes by quickly as they develop not only career skills but also other attributes that complete them as a whole person.
Twenty HC students were recently selected as national outstanding campus leaders for such characteristics as academic achievement, service, leadership and the potential for continued success. Their names will be included in the 2002 edition of Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Campus nominating committees and editors of the annual directory chose these individuals. They join an elite group of students from more than 2,300 institutions of higher learning in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and several foreign nations. Outstanding students have been honored in the annual directory since it was first published in 1934.
Students named this year from Huntington College include:
· Ms. Julie M. Baker, an Elementary Education major from Berrien Springs, Mich.
· Mr. Bruce L. Bergdall, an Elementary Education major from Huntington, Ind.
· Mr. John S. Brittenham, a Bible and Religion major from South Milford, Ind.
· Mr. Gregory C. Byrum, a Math Education major from Twelve Mile, Ind.
· Ms. Jennifer M. Echert, a Business major from Oneida, Ky.
· Ms. Christina L. Glick, a Bible and Religion major from Bloomfield, Mich.
· Mr. Andrew J. Kurzen, a Graphic Design major from Massillon, Ohio
· Ms. Julie A. Lowe, an Elementary Education major from Portland, Ind.
· Ms. Julie M. Magrum, an Elementary Education major from Northwood, Ohio
· Ms. Kelly A. Mast, a Music-Choral Education major from Huntington, Ind.
· Ms. Julie M. Mireau, an Elementary Education major from Goshen, Ind.
· Ms. Sarah R. Placido, a Psychology major from Winfield, Ill.
· Ms. Amanda J. Rockinson, an Elementary Education major from Coal Center, Pa.
· Ms. Sharra M. Sieminski, a Broadcast Communication major from Charlottesville, Va.
· Ms. Sarah E. Stanek, a Theatre-Performance/Music double major from Indianapolis, Ind.
· Ms. Rachel A. Stemen, an Elementary Education major from Butler, Ind.
· Ms. Erin E. Steury, a Psychology major from Fort Wayne, Ind.
· Mr. Timothy D. Thompson, a Business Management major from Bluffton, Ohio
· Mr. Aaron S. VanDerVeen, an Educational Ministries major from Cedar Lake, Ind.
· Ms. Summer R. Zimmer, a Graphic Design major from Huntington, Ind.
Founded in 1897, Huntington College is a Christian college of the liberal arts, offering graduate and undergraduate degrees in nearly 50 academic concentrations. US News and World Report ranks the College among the best Midwestern liberal arts colleges. Huntington College has also been listed among the “201 Best Colleges for the Real World.
# # #