Huntington, Ind.—The Huntington College Music Department is now accepting registration for BandFest 2001, which will once again bring in together some of the nation’s finest military and civilian musicians to offer personalized instruction to area high school students and musicians.
The 22nd Annual Band Clinic will be held on Saturday, March 10, culminating in a gala concert on Sunday, March 11, at 3 p.m. in the Merillat Centre for the Arts.
Guest musicians include:
· Duane DeVoe, Major, Retired, United States Marine Corps Music Program, Virginia, guest conductor
· Michael Johner, Conductor/Saxophonist, Germany, saxophone soloist and clinician
· Representatives from the 566th US Air Force Band, Chicago and the 38th Infantry Division Band, Indianapolis, guest participants and clinicians (clarinet, horn and trumpet)
· Dr. Christian Zembower, Associate Director of Bands, Ball State University, euphonium clinician
· Ball State University Graduate Assistants Maggie Helms, clarinet, Laura Maland, bassoon, and Cindy Abts, percussion
· Keith Whitford and Robert Taylor, trumpet, Trudy Whitford, flute, Marlene Schleiffer, oboe, Miriam Kroeker, trombone, and Robert Lynn, tuba
To register, students or directors should call the Huntington College Music Department at (260) 359-4262 or have directors return registration forms to the Music Department office, located on the upper level of the Merillat Centre for the Arts. All registrations are due by March 5.
BandFest 2001 will culminate with a concert showcasing students’ newly polished musical skills. The concert is free and open to the public, but tickets are required for reserved seating. To obtain tickets, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to BandFest 2001, Merillat Centre for the Arts, 2303 College Ave., Huntington, IN 46750. Tickets may also be requested in person. The Merillat Centre Box Office is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For further information, please call (260) 359-4261.
# # #