HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The HU men’s tennis team opened up the spring portion of its season by hosting Indiana Tech Tuesday afternoon. The Warriors, having six matches under the belt since February, dominated the match to claim an 8-1 win over the Foresters.
The win avenged a loss back on September 18 when the Foresters claimed a 6-3 decision.
Vlad Khudziy and Joseph Straznicky teamed up to enjoy the Foresters’ only win of the day at No. 1 doubles where they posted a 8-4 victory over Joaquin Ferrando and Kind de Leon.
While the Tech bolstered their roster since last fall, the Foresters were playing without seniors Jose Hungria and Zakk Sparks, to make for some lopsided matches.
Huntington (11-5) is slated to host Davenport University on Friday at 4:00 p.m.
1. Joaquin Ferrando (IT) def. Vlad Khudziy (HU) 6-1, 7-5
2. Sriram Aranganathan (IT) def. Joseph Straznicky (HU) 7-6 (7-4), 6-2
3. Fernando Sousa (IT) def. Diego Inurritegui (HU) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
4. Mikel Oscoz (IT) def. Joe Brenneman (HU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Kino de Leon (IT) def. Jacob Cross (HU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Alberto Tenias (IT) def. Matthew Wilcox (HU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Khudziy/Straznicky (HU) def. Ferrando/de Leon (IT) 8-4
2. Aranganathan/Mikel Oscoz (IT) def. Inurritegui/Brenneman (HU) 8-4
3. Sousa/Vinicius Silva (IT) def. Cross/Derek Hinen (HU) 8-3