HUNTINGTON, IN April 29, 1997 --- The Huntington College Theatre Department will present its One Act Play Festival Thursday, May 1 through Saturday, May 3 in the Studio Theatre of the Merillat Centre for the Arts. All performances begin at 8:00 p.m. and are free and open to the public.
The Festival will consist of plays directed by Huntington College students enrolled in Dr. Don Rainbow’s directing class. The Festival schedule is as follows:
- On Thursday, May 1, junior Carie Pearson will direct "A Couple with a Cat." Pearson is an English Education major from New Haven, Indiana. She is the daughter of Stephen Pearson and Elizabeth Buzzard.
- Senior Dan Parks will direct "Dentity Crisis," on Thursday, May 1. Parks is a senior communication major from Ligonier, Indiana. He is the son of Jean Parks.
- On Friday, May 2, senior Sam Ward will direct "Stage Directions." Ward is a theatre and English double major from Darlington, Pennsylvania. He is the son of Paul and Lois Ward.
- Junior Ross Wheeler will direct "Pvt. Wars," on Friday, May 2. Wheeler is a junior theatre major from Ottawa, Illinois. He is the son of David and Mary Wheeler.
- On Saturday, May 3, junior Dawn Davis will direct "The Effect of Gama Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds." Davis is a theatre major from Wawaka, Indiana. She is the daughter of George Davis.
- Senior Shaana Averill will direct "Keeping Tom Nice," on Saturday, May 3. Averill is a philosophy and theatre double major from Adrian, Michigan. She is the daughter of Gordon and Colleen Averill.
For more information about the One Act Play Festival contact the Theatre Department box office at (260) 359-4277.
Theatre is one of many academic concentrations available from Huntington College. Founded in 1897 by the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, Huntington College seeks "to equip men and women to impact our world for Christ."
# # #