RichLyn Library has been a selective depository of federal government documents since 1964. As a selective depository we receive about ten percent of all government publications offered. Our collection includes many major government publications including the Code of Federal Regulations, United States Code, United States Statutes at Large and United States Reports.
Accessing Federal Government Documents
RichLyn Library receives about 10% of the documents published by the US government. All of those are listed in the Library Discovery System. In the last several years the Federal Depository Library System is now offering the majority of their publications via the World Wide Web. Various sources are available to access those documents including many search engines. Here is a list of the major government search engines:
Community/PALNI members of the library may check this material out, others are welcome to use the material in the library.
- American FactFinder - population, housing, economic, and geographic data
- Budget of the United States Government
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Census of Population and Housing: Population & Housing Unit Counts (all states, U.S. summary, and Puerto Rico) (Series PHC-3)
- Census of Population and Housing: Summary Population & Housing Characteristics (all states, U.S. Summary, and Puerto Rico) (Series PHC-1)
- Census of Population and Housing: Summary Social, Economic, & Housing Characteristics (all states, U.S. Summary, and Puerto Rico) (Series PHC-2)
- Census of Population and Housing: Social, Economic, & Housing Characteristics (Island Areas) (Series PHC-4)
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Compilation of Presidential Documents
- County and City Data Book
- Economic Report of the President
- Federal Register (daily)
- Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970* - Part 1
- Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970* - Part 2
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States
- Social Security Handbook
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- United States Government Manual
- USA Counties
Indiana State Documents
Many Indiana state government publications are available from Access Indiana.
See also Constitutional History Resources.