Many factors go into the circulation of material but in general the circulation periods for students are as follows:
- 2 weeks for most material except as indicated below
- Popular DVDs : 3 days
- Current Periodicals: 1 day
- Unbound periodicals: 3 day
- Reserve Material: time periods stipulated by faculty
- Audiovisual Hardware: generally 24 hours
- Reference: Non-circulating
- For community and reciprocal borrowers see the Off Campus Users Policy
Two renewals for all items except popular recreational books, which have one renewal, and no renewals for Reserves.
HU students and personnel may renew their items online. Resident patrons must return the item to the library for renewal.
Online Renewal Instructions
- Go to the RichLyn Library Catalog search page (you can click on Access Our Catalog from the Library Website)
- Click on the green My Account icon on the left side under the Huntington University logo
- Enter your library barcode number (All the numbers of your barcode on the back of your HU ID card).
- Enter your password
- You password is either the last 5 letters of your last name or you last name (depnding on length of last name). If you password does not work contact the Circulation Coordinator (Jean Michelson at 359-4054) for assistance.
- CLICK ON the green “VIEW/RENEW LOANS.”
- Click on the underlined name of the item you want to renew. A screen will appear that reads: Details for your loan (Number ___).
- Under "Details for loan no. ..." you will find the line Renew. The second column Renew should be underlinded. Click on Renew. The previous screen should appear with the new date. If you have already renewed the maximum number of times this line will display "Renewal limit has been reached"
- You can also click on RENEW ALL and those items eligible for renewal will have their date changed. This however, will add one renewal to all items.
- Normally the system will allow two renewals. For some items only one renewal is available online. If you need to renew your item further you must bring it to the circulation desk and allow us tor renew it for you.
- If you are on a public computer please LOG OUT. Somewhere in the center of the screen you will se the phrase"You are currently logged into the Huntington University Library Catalog. You must LOG OUT to Exit." Click on the words "LOG OUT" and then on the GO button.
Two-week check-out late fees are 15 cents per day up to the cost of the book and processing fees.
- Current periodical issues: $1.00 per day.
- 3-day periodical issues: $1.00 per day
- Bound periodicals: 50 cents per day
- Popular DVD Fines: 75 cents per day
- Hourly Reserves: 50 cents per hour.
- Other Reserves: $1.00 per day.
- Items taken from the library without permission: $25.00 per item.
Cost of replacement & $10.00 processing fee.
For Assistance on any of these items, please contact the Circulation Coordinator by email or at extension 4054.