statement of faith
Huntington University was founded by the Church of the United Brethren in Christ upon a vital evangelical Christian faith. The Board of Trustees, the administration, and the faculty are united in the conviction that this faith should characterize the entire program of the institution.
While the program is designed especially for students who seek such an environment in which to continue their education, the University welcomes students of all faiths who understand the objectives of the institution and are willing to abide by its regulations.
The faculty of Huntington University subscribe to the following statement of faith.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Note: This Statement of Faith is identical to that of the National Association of Evangelicals.
Click here to review our Mission and Educational Philosophy.